1. There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved. George Sands –
2. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.Elizabeth Barrett Browning -
3. When you are in love you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.Dr. Seuss -
4. I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. Roy Croft -
5. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.Emily Bronte -
6. You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.Sam Keen -
7. Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.Albert Einstein -
8. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.Aristotle -
9. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.Helen Keller -
10. Love one another and you will be happy; it is as simple and as difficult as that.Michael Leunig -
Source : http://www.1-love-quotes.com
Sunday, February 26, 2012
1. There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved. George Sands –
Monday, November 14, 2011
Love is both an action and a feeling. The action of love generates a blissful feeling called by the same name. When the action stops, the blissful feeling is replaced with pain. There is a similar feeling called lust which may be confused with love.
Love is both an action and a feeling. The action of love generates a blissful feeling called by the same name. When the action stops, the blissful feeling is replaced with pain. There is a similar feeling called lust which may be confused with love. You need to decipher between the two in order to have a healthy heart. Every person is capable of great love (and its opposite, fear, which generates all painful emotions such as hate, greed and jealousy).
While there are many different ways to define love and there are many different ways to love someone (or even yourself), here is a general guide to loving.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Mephisto Chess Mobile Edition (M.E.) is THE classical chess game for mobile phones. With a strong chess engine and 9 difficultness levels to chose from it offers a long lasting and unique playing experience to all players ranging from beginners to club players. This game is a complete chess program which very tightly complies with the FIDE rules of chess. It includes castlings, in passing captures, a hundred non-capturing non-pawn half-move limit, choosy promotions, and 3 return rules. A small opening library names the played opening for educational play. A carefully-tuned randomised element in the early stages of the game makes each game different. The game offers 3 different board styles and a variety of features like „best move“, „move history“, „change sides“, „fl ip board“, „Player vs. CPU“, „2-Player mode“ and „save game“. The product is build around the famous Mephisto chess brand which is a very renowned name in chess computer history. Mephisto Chess M.E. is among the most advanced chesses that are currently available on the mobile gaming market!
Playing chess is normally must bring a chessboard and pion, now comes with a jar file that can be played on mobile phone java. Arcade game that can sharpen your brain, and can play chess wherever you are without having to carry a chessboard. Free download java games, jar files, jar.games.
Filetype: Mephisto chess mobile edition. zip
Filesize: 108.7 KB
Platforms: Java (J2ME)
Monday, October 11, 2010
Romance does not necessarily have to fade away in the long-term relationships and transform into a friendship-type love, according to a new study. Romantic love can last a lifetime and lead to even happier, stronger and healthier relationships.
The study's lead researcher, Bianca P. Acevedo, PhD, from the University of California, Santa Barbara, said that many people identify romantic love as passionate love, which, in her opinion, is not true. The scientist explained that romantic love has the same intensity, involvement and sexual chemistry, that has the passionate love, with the exception of an obsession. Obsessive love is always accompanied by feelings such as anxiety and uncertainty, and never survives for a long time.
To come up with this conclusion, Dr. Acevedo and co-author Arthur Aron, PhD, analyzed 25 studies with more than 6,000 individuals that were engaged in the short-term and long-term relationships. The researchers planned to figure out if romantic love was associated with more satisfaction in a relationship. In several studies, the relationships were classified as romantic, passionate/obsessive, or friendship-like love, and categorized as the short- or long-term.
The first study involved 17 short-term relationships of single, dating or married college students with the ages between 18 and 23, whose relationships lasted less than 4 years. The second study analyzed 10 long-term relationships of middle-aged couples, with the marriage experience of 10 years or more. And, finally, two other studies included both the long- and short-term relationships in which it was pretty much possible to distinguish the two samples.
The results revealed that those individuals who said that they had a great romantic love, were much more satisfied in both the short- and long-term relationships. Participants from both the short- and long-term relationships, who reported that their love was mostly based on friendship, only moderately associated their relationship with complete satisfaction, and those who reported passionate love in their relationships, were more likely to be satisfied for the short period of time, rather than the long term. Also, couples who expressed the most satisfaction with their partner, turned out to be much happier and had higher self-esteem.
According to Dr. Acevedo, when partners feel and know that they are there for each other, it always creates a strong bond between them, and leads to a good relationship, which, in turn, contributes to stronger feelings of romantic love. On the contrary, when people start feeling insecure and jealous, they start also experiencing less satisfaction, which in many cases leads to misunderstandings and conflicts in the relationships. All this can point to the signs of an obsessive love, she said.
This new findings may change people's perceptions and expectations of what they really want in long-term relationships. The scientists wrote that companionship, or friendship-type love, which is what people usually see and expect as the natural transformation of any happy relationship, may be an unnecessary compromise. Partners should fight for their love with all the possible means, Acevedo said. And couples who have been together for many years and wish to rekindle their romantic feelings, should remember that this is an attainable goal that, like most good things in life, requires patience, energy and devotion, she concluded.
The new findings are reported in the latest issue of the journal Review of General Psychology, which is published by the American Psychological Association. source : www.enotalone.com
Monday, December 14, 2009
How can you tell that a person is already falling in love with you? A person's body language can spell out his or her true feelings and intentions for you. A person in love has that certain glow every time he or she is with that special person, but what are the other signs?
You will notice that a person is already falling for you if he can't stand being far from you, gives more smiles and laughter, mirror your actions, cannot keep his eyes off you, and have that certain glow.
Personal Space And Distance
A person in love with you would look for several ways just to be closer to you. You will know that a person's personal space has gotten smaller when he or she gets comfortable with you even in the slightest distance. And notice if in a room full of people, he will always try to stay close to you.
That person would also tend to lean his body towards you, whether when sitting down or standing up. The direction of his or her body would be always turned towards you. If not, then the direction of her eyes will show who is in her mind.
More Touch, Smiles, And Laughter
A person who is starting to fall for you would listen to you more, thus would give more reactions than he or she did during your first dates. There would be more laughter even for the cheesiest jokes. While talking, one will find in inevitable from smiling, especially during silence. This is because that person is truly enjoying his or her time with you.
He or she would also touch you from time to time. A tap on the shoulder, placing the hand on the small of the back, hugging, and holding the hands are some of the most common touching body language in falling in love.
The Mirroring Actions
This is a funny yet very sweet signal of attraction since it is done unconsciously most of the time. This is where a person would imitate the actions of that special person. For example, you will prop your chin onto your hand, the person in love with you will follow that specific action.
The Longer Stare
A person in love with you simply cannot take his eyes off you. Most especially when the feeling has just begun to develop, he or she would find difficulty in concentrating on other things. The stare is usually intimate or intense, and it is accompanied with a slight smile.
That Certain Glow
Somehow unexplainable, a person has a certain aura around him or her when he or she is in love and happy. It is due to the extreme happiness and joy coming from the inside, and this is well-reflected with a sparkle in the eyes and a smile that is hard to remove from the face.
When a person falls in love, it changes him entirely and this is reflected in his or her body language. Some people fail to notice this, but these signs are definitely there. The person himself is even unaware that he is already providing hints and clues about his true feelings for that special someone. Most people find them hard to miss, and would love these signals of deep attraction sent through the silence but delivered by simple romantic actions and gestures.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
1. Love does not hurt. Physical and/or emotional abuse are not a part of love.
2. Love is not manipulative, it should not be used to get others to do what you
want. You should never give in to demands based on the, "You would do it if you
loved me!" tactic.
3. Love is an intense feeling of caring for another person. It can take many
different forms (romantic, friendly, familial) but it is always about caring.
4. Although it is true that a big part of love is putting another person's happiness
ahead of your own this never includes compromising your values or being untrue to
5. If somebody asks you to do something that you don't want to do in order
to "prove" your love they do not love you the way you might think they do. When
you love another person you don't ask them to sacrifice a part of themselves in
the name of that love.
6. It is very easy to confuse lust for love. The true measure of romantic love is
commitment and trust not physical attraction.
7. It is possible to feel romantic love for more than one person at a given time.
Just think, if it is possible for you to love both of your parents at the same
time why would it be impossible to feel romantic love for two people at once?
Don't beat yourself up emotionally if you find yourself in this unhappy
situation. But be sure to remain single and be open and honest with all parties
about your feelings and confusion.
8. Sex is NOT love. Love is NOT sex. Sex can be a part of romantic love but it is
9. Romantic love can (and often does) fade. When it goes there is not always a
reason. When somebody falls out of love with you it does not reflect upon your
value as a person or your desirability.
10.Love should make you feel happy, secure and appreciated.[About.com]
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
(1) Forgiveness: ".....is not easily provoked" I Cor. 13:5. True love is not easily provoked and when provoked; ready to forgive immediately.
(2) Selflessness: Lust is always selfish, it want sex to satisfy him. Whatever happens to the other party does not concern him. True love on the other hand is selfless. It looks for the way to satisfy the other party. It makes sure she is not hurt and is ready to wait till wedding day before sex, because it is not selfish.
(3) Excitement: True love looks forward to see the other party again, she is unhappy to see he goes, not because of money or sex. In fact she is ready to pay his transport fare if he has none just for him to come and say hello! If you are engaged with somebody who is not excited seeing you, he is not proud to introduce you to friends and family, know that you have not gotten a lover yet.
(4) Righteousness: Purity is the hallmark of true love. It does not involve secret kissing, dark place meetings, street corner romance, illicit sex, embrace that embarrasses God, unholy fondling, necking and immoral intimacy. True love has nothing to hide, it does not have any secret; it is as bold as a lion. If holiness is lacking in that relationship of yours, then it is not true love, it is lust no matter how you feel about it. If your pastor must not know what you are doing behind close door, if your parent must not hear about what you are doing with that guy, then it is not love, it may be hard for you to agree with me, the fact still remains that, it is lust not love, because "love does not rejoice in iniquity..." I Cor. 13:6.
(5) Peace: Have you lost your peace because you are in love? Have fear, guilt, regret and worry envelop you because you are deeply in love? Then it is not God's type of love, because God is not an author of confusion but of peace.
(6) Fondness: If you are not fond of the person you said you love or you do not want people to know that you are in love with him, you only want her when you are behind closed doors or you only want him when calendar reads 25th day of the month because you know he will soon get his salary, then it is not genuine love.
(7) Patience: Is your partner pestering you with sex? Did he say he cannot wait that he wants you now else he will drop you? Do not give in, this is evidence that he has never been in love with you, if you give in to him, he will still drop you anyway.
(8) Submission: "Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up" I Cor. 13: 14. Love is ready to submit to the wish of the other party, it is not proud, it does not parade itself. It is ready to say "let's go ahead if that is how you want it".
(9) Commitment: True love involves commitment of the spirit, soul and body. It gives everything into the relationship. It writes letters send e-mails, make phone calls, pay visits and gives gift. They are moved by the plight of their partners. They look forward to seeing each other. They are ready to call for reconciliation whenever there is a misunderstanding. They are deeply committed to each other.
(10) Sacrifice: True love is not only committed to the other party, but also ready to make sacrifice. A university undergraduate once used her school fees and personal food allowance to pay for the medical bills of her fiance. That is sacrifice and that is love. A young lady once refused to be her friend's chief bridesmaid and used the money she would have use to buy her dress, shoes and bag to pay for her fiance school fees. That is what I call true love. Love is sacrificial.[www.articlesbase.com]